Thursday, July 28, 2011

Last Day in Bethlehem - (Kevin Lonergan)

It is truly amazing when one ponders the notion that here in Bethlehem the God who created heaven and earth became flesh and lived among us. Last night as some of the men and I stood on the rooftop of our building and gazed at the darkened city, I couldn't help but imagine the journey that The Holy Family had to undertake over 2000 years ago. On that first Christmas night, Mary and Joseph's long journey had ended about 50 feet from where I was standing, and there the greatest gift that man would ever know entered the world. As we end our time here in Bethlehem I pray in a particular way for my family and for all families, that through the intercession of the Holy Family they may always trust in God and be open to his divine plan for them.   
O dear Jesus, I humbly implore You to grant Your special graces to our family.May our home be the shrine of peace, purity, love, labor and faith. I beg You, dear Jesus, to protect and bless all of us, absent and present, living and dead. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment